This is a fast paced course looking in depth at hoof balance and how to help horses with innovative techniques using diverse assessment methods to develop a plan. Whether shod or barefoot, performance or rehabilitation, often using build techniques with glue-on composite shoes.
Please contact Megan Matters for registration: Hoofmatters@gmail.comTuesday December 3rd:
- AM: Discussion on the Hoof and Horse: Anatomy, Balance, Locomotion, Posture, Dentistry etc.
- PM: Demo/hands-on cadavers mapping/trimming
- AM: Glue-on Composite Shoe lecture/overview
- PM: Live Horse Demo: glueing, nailing, hoof casting, performance and therapeutic applications
- AM: Hand-on gluing practice on cadavers
- PM: Pathology lecture, -itis!, Navicular, Ringbone, Laminitis
- All Day: More hands-on practice using the full process on live horses: assessment, mapping, trimming, and gluing.